29. It can be learned from Paragraphs 5 and 6 that open access terms
[A] allow publishers some room to make money.
[B] render publishing much easier for scientists.
[C] reduce the cost of publication substantially.
[D] free universities from financial burdens.
30. Which of the following characterizes the scientific publishing model?
[A] Trial subscription is offered.
[B] Labour triumphs over status.
[C] Costs are well controlled.
[D] The few feed on the many.
31.The author believes that the bills sponsored by Lewis and Haddad will
[A] help little to reduce gender bias.
[B] pose a threat to the state government.
[C] raise women’s position in politics.
[D] greatly broaden career options.
32. Which of the following is true of the Califormia measure?
[A] It has irritated private business owners.
[B] It is welcomed by the Supreme Court.
[C] It may go against the Constitution.
[D] It will settle the prior controversies.
33. The author mentions the study by Catalyst to illustrate
[A] the harm from arbitrary board decision.
[B] the importance of constitutional guarantees.
[C] the pressure on women in global corporations.
[D] the needlessness of government interventions.
34. Norway’s adoption of a nationwide corporate gender quota has led to
[A] the underestimation of elite women’s role.
[B] the objection to female participation on boards.
[C] the entry of unqualified candidates into the board.
[D] the growing tension between labor and management.
35. Which of the following can be inferred from the text?
[A] Women’s need in employment should be considered.
[B] Feasibility should be a prime concern in policymaking.
[C] Everyone should try hard to promote social justice.
[D] Major social issues should be the focus of legislation.
36.The French Senate has passed a bill to
[A] regulate digital services platforms.
[B] protect French companies” interests.
[C] impose a levy on tech multinationals.
[D] curb the influence of advertising.
37. It can be learned from Paragraph 2 that the digital services tax
[A] may trigger countermeasures against France.
[B] is apt to arouse criticism at home and abroad.
[C] aims to ease international trade tensions.
[D] will prompt the tech giants to quit France.
38. The countries adopting the unilateral measures share the opinion that
[A] redistribution of tech giants’ revenue must be ensured.
[B] the current international tax system needs upgrading.
[C] tech multinationals’ monopoly should be prevented.
[D] all countries ought to enjoy equal taxing rights.